February 6, 2008

Another wip...

I really like softies made out of toweling, there is just something really warm and snuggly about them.  The only problem is the mess it makes, the floor, desk, and me are all covered in towel droppings!

Yesterday, I went on my first ever blogging meet up.  The venue was Ikea in Nottingham, and it was with Apryl, Leah, and Katy, plus children.  Was really good to meet everyone, the little ones were all very well behaved, although Lucy was a little bossy, being the oldest, and had them all sat playing 'school'!

And, look who we got to bring home...

Katy had very kindly brought along my 'PIF' that she had made for me (and no, I haven't forgotten about mine!).  She is now residing on my softie shelf above my desk, a safe distance from all the towel droppings as there has been rather a lot of sneezing going on this afternoon!

Oh, and I'm afraid I haven't done any more work on my papier mache models yet, we seem to have run out of wallpaper paste so a trip to the DIY shop will have to happen first!

EDIT TO POST

How can I have forgotten this, oh the shame!.  I meant to add earlier, anyone reading my blog from the United States, my husband has a painting in an exhibition at the Manifest Gallery, Cincinnati, Ohio.  The show is called 'Body of Work, the Human Form in Contemporary Art', which runs until the 22nd February.  His piece is a self portrait.

8 comments:

Florence Knapp (Flossie Teacakes) said...

How lovely to have all met up!

Your towel droppings made me laugh...but I agree, softies made out of towelling are just perfect.

monda-loves said...

I've never made a softie out of toweling but I do sneeze when I cut up my felt (I have a very sensitive nose!).

Monda
x

Annie B said...

sounds like a lovely meetup

I love that new softie - she's very pretty

Mrs Moog said...

Hee hee - towel droppings - love it! I can't sew anything fluffy as it gets the sneezes going. I love your new softie and your day out sounds like loads of fun - Ikea and bloggers!! Surely it doesn't get much better than that :)

Lesley x

Unknown said...

I love the towelling softie. I keep saying to myself I'll try and use some towelling...I've got a nice fluffy towel ready and waiting but I am afraid of the bits and those huge dust balls that will be lurking in the corner of my room afterwards. Am I being pathetic?
I had a fab day - it was lovely to meet you, and you were exactly as I had imagined too!
Well done for DH's fancy U.S exhibition, I think he should take you on a little trip...... ;)

Kitty said...

I love the look of the new softie - looks puss-shaped to me. I've never made a towelling softie either, but now you come to mention it, it would be perfect. Apart from the droppings! x

Apryl said...

love the look of the new towelling softie...

Apryl said...

love the look of the new towelling softie...